Vlogging could transform your content marketing and help you provide more valuable content for every stage in the customer journey. Auburn is now offering a business vlog video production service that could transform your content marketing.
Why start a business vlog?
It has been predicted (by Cisco) that by 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic. Video is definitely the medium web users are tuning into to consume information. Over 1 billion hours of video content is viewed every day on YouTube alone, let alone Facebook, Instagram and other social networking channels.
Research by Insivia revealed that individuals retain around 95% of the message when viewing a video. When reading the same message as text, only 10% is retained. We all know that a website needs content to be successful in terms of SEO discoverability and user engagement, but that same content rarely has an impact on social media. How do we create something that is more engaging and shareable for social media?
The answer comes in the form of vlogs. A portmanteau of ‘video’ and ‘blog’, vlogs are short videos which summarise the key points of a written article, news story, case study or white paper. Ideally, the content will be stripped back to a 60 second video that is perfect for sharing on social media.
Whether you’re already writing your own content, or using copywriter to help with this, creating vlogs is a great way of repurposing this content for your audience on social media. Rather than creating all new content for video, you can simply use the content you already have.
The key takeaway
- Very cost effective way of repurposing written content
- Convert longer form articles into short digestible video content
- In tests 59% of people opt for video content rather than reading content
- Video shared on social media gets 12X more shares than image and text posts
4 ways vlogging can help your business
- Vlogging is a very cost-effective way to squeeze even more value out of your content. It’s also a great way to ensure your content is accessible and easy-to-digest. You may notice more and more bloggers are starting their blogs with a video. This allows their audience the choice of how to consume the content, either by reading it or watching a video.
- When you’re vlogging, you’ll always have something to share on social media. If you often find yourself searching for something to share on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, vlogging can help. By condensing your content into short videos, you can increase engagement on social media and ensure your message reaches all the right people.
- A business vlog allows you to share your expertise in a way that is easy for people to digest. If you work in a complicated or highly technical field, vlogging allows you to communicate complex ideas in a way that people will easily grasp.
- Vlogs are a great addition to your sales funnel. You can easily create vlog content for different stages in the customer journey. Use your vlogs on social media, on your website, on your blog, on landing pages and even link to them in email marketing.
Get your business vlog started with Auburn
Don’t have the time to create your own vlogs? Not sure which direction you should be going in?
Don’t worry, you’re not alone. In response to incredible demand, we will now be offering a vlogging service. The cost is £100+VAT per video. Get in touch today to find out more about business vlogging services from Auburn.